16 December to 22 December 2019 daily and Weekly Current Affairs Quiz
16 December to 22 December 2019 | Weekly Current Affairs
Welcome to the gsmastermind!
GSmastermind Is Presenting The Weekly Current Affairs 2019 Quiz For Students And Readers Preparing For Competitive Exams.
In This Post, We Cover Current Affairs Weekly One Line: From 09 December to 14 December 2019
Weekly Current Affairs 2019
1. On which of the following days is Goa Mukti Divas celebrated?
a. 19 December
b. 20 December
c. 18 December
d. 17 December
2. Recently in which state the first Special Economic Zone (SEZ) of this state has been announced in a place called ‘Sabroom’?
d. West Bengal
3. Which artillery missile system was successfully tested by DRDO from the Chandipur range of Odisha recently?
a. Pinaka Mark-2b
c. Ordnance -1
d. Bow mark-3
4. On which of the following days is the International Day of Human Unity celebrated?
a. 18 December
b. 19 December
c. 20 December
d. 21 December
5. Which veteran actor, who appeared in films like Gharaunda and Unclaimed, died at the age of 92 in a private hospital in Pune (Maharashtra)?
a. Saeed Jaffrey
b. Dilip Kumar
c. Shriram applied
d. Shatrughan Sinha
6. Which cricket team’s players have been fined 80 percent of the match fees for throwing slow overs in the first ODI against India in Chennai?
a. West Indies
7. According to the data released by the government of which country recently, 260 kg of food is wasted in every household there every year?
d. Saudi Arab
8. Recently a university of which country has developed a robot that speaks and understands 100 languages?
9. According to a recent study done by Netherlands scholars, Indus and its tributaries flowing through India, China and which country are among the weakest ‘water towers’ in the world?
10. National Energy Conservation Day is observed on which of the following days?
a. 10 December
b. 11 December
c. 14 December
d. 16 December
1.a. 19 December
Goa Liberation Day is celebrated on 19 December every year. The Indian Army liberated Goa, Daman, and Diu from Portuguese rule by conducting ‘Operation Vijay Abhiyan’ on 19 December 1961. For this reason, Goa Liberation Day is celebrated on this day. 4668 Portuguese were imprisoned during the Goa liberation campaign.
The first Special Economic Zone (SEZ) of Tripura State will be established in Sabroom. Government information released in this regard has said that Rs 1550 crore will be spent on this project, which will provide skill-based employment to about 12,000 people in this area. This place is about 130 km from Agartala which will help in improving the economic condition of the state.
3.a. Pinaka Mark-2
Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) recently conducted a successful test of Artillery Missile System Pinaka Mark-2. This system is capable of firing 12 rockets in just 44 seconds. The missile system has been developed with fully indigenous technology in DRDO laboratories. The Pinaka Mark-2 has been developed as a missile by combining navigation, control and guidance systems.
4.c. 20 December The
International Human Unity Day is observed by the United Nations on 20 December every year. On 22 December 2005, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution for this day. The purpose of celebrating this day is to maintain the honor of unity in diversity. This day is also observed to reduce the gap between the poor and the rich.
Laghu Shriram Laghu also received the Filmfare Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for ‘Gharaunda’. Shriram, who has worked in Hindi and Marathi films, also used to play theater. Shriram Laghu has worked in more than 100 Hindi films and more than 40 Marathi films in his career. He was a nose, ear, throat surgeon by profession. He made acting his career at the age of 42.
6.a. West Indies
match referee David Boon fined captain Kieran Pollard’s team for reducing 4 overs during the stipulated time. Pollard admitted the mistake after the end of the match. According to the ICC rules, if a team does one over in ODI with a delay, then 20-20 percent of the match fee is deducted on all players. The West Indies took more than 4 hours to complete 50 overs.
7.d. Saudi Arabia According to
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture, each household in Saudi Arabia wastes 260 kg of food annually compared to the global average of 115 kg. This rate is the highest in the world. According to the CSR report of 2017 in India, every year we waste as much UK account. Millions of people in India are forced to sleep hungry, on the other hand, thousands of tons of food is wasted.
Tehran University of Iran has created a robot that can understand, speak and translate 100 different languages. Not only that, it can recognize faces and can even kick a football. The university’s Faculty of Engineering has built this robot in four years. It has been named ‘Surena’. Weighing 70 kilograms, the ‘Surena’ is capable of running at a speed of 0.7 km per hour and can be turned back and forth even on bumpy ground.
Apart from the Pakistan Indus river, this list also includes the Tarim river of Central Asia, Amu Darya river and Sir Dariya river and Ganga-Brahmaputra river of South Asia. According to the study, the sensitivity of the Indus and its tributaries will have an impact on countries like Afghanistan, Nepal, and Pakistan besides India. Water towers are one type of natural storage tank. These tanks fill with melting the ice available on glaciers and mountains and provide clean water to many people living nearby.
10.c. 14 December
It aims to showcase India’s achievements in energy efficiency and conservation. In India, the Energy Conservation Act 2001 was enacted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). Energy conservation is said to avoid unnecessary use of energy and use the least amount of energy. Its purpose is to save energy for future use.