Weekly Current Affairs Quiz | 30 December – 05 January 2020
gsmastermind.com is presenting the weekly current affairs quiz for students and readers preparing for competitive exams.
1. Who among the following has been appointed as the next Army Chief after the retirement of General Bipin Rawat?
a. Manoj Mukund Narwane
b. Anil Kumar Sood
c. Devendra Chand Pandey
d. SS Chandrasekhar
2. According to the recently released ‘Forest Status Report-2019’ by the central government, which state has the most forest-growing area?
a. Uttar Pradesh
3. Which Australian player who made his Test cricket debut against India has recently announced his retirement from international cricket?
a. Kurtis Peterson
b. Marcus Harris
c. Peter Siddle
d. Andrew Flock
4. Bihar government has approved the decision to celebrate the birth anniversary of which former Union Minister (December 28) as a state function every year?
a. Arun Shourie
b. Arun Jaitley
c. Anant Kumar
d. Sushma Swaraj
5. The Ministry of Defense has recently amended the rules to serve the Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) up to the maximum age limit of which year?
a. 70 years
b. 72 years
c. 69 years
d. 65 years
6. The Union Home Ministry has extended the Armed Forces Privilege Act (AFSPA) for 6 months in which state?
c. Tamil Nadu
7. Recently who was awarded the Sangeet Kalanidhi Award?
a. s. Soumya
b. Aruna Sairam
c. Sudha Raghunathan
d. Bombay Jayashree
8. Recently which state government has started using satellite communication technology on a large scale to create awareness about social welfare schemes?
a. Government of Punjab
b. Government of Tamil Nadu
c. Government of Rajasthan
d. Government of Uttar Pradesh
9. Recently who took oath as the 11th Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
a. Hemant Soren
b. Shibu Soren
c. Babulal Marandi
d. Raghuvar Das
10. Which fighter aircraft, known for its outstanding performance in the Kargil War, has been retired from the Indian Air Force?
b. Sukhoi SU-30
1.a. Manoj Mukund Narwane
, the Deputy Chief of the Indian Army, Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Narwane will be the next Chief of the Army. He will replace Bipin Rawat. General Bipin Rawat is retiring on 31 December and has been appointed as the country’s first Chief of Defense Staff (CDS). After Bipin Rawat in the army, the senior-most men joined the Sikh Light Infantry Regiment in June 1980.
2.d. According to Karnataka
India Forest Status Report-2019, the top three states showing an increase in forest cover area are Karnataka (1,025 km किमी) and Andhra Pradesh (990 km किमी) and Kerala (823 km2). Madhya Pradesh has the largest forest area in the country in terms of area, followed by Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, and Maharashtra. This report is released every two years in which information about the forests and forest cover of India is given.
3.c. Peter Siddle
Peter Siddle made his Test cricket debut in 2008 against India in Mohali. He took the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar in his first match, which was his first Test wicket. Peter Siddle decided to retire during the Melbourne Test against New Zealand. He took 221 wickets in 67 Tests for Australia.
4.b. Arun Jaitley
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar unveiled the statue of Jaitley on December 28 in Patna. Former Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley died on 24 August this year at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi. He was the finance minister during the first term of the Modi government in 2014 and took important decisions like demonetization and GST. Arun Jaitley was born on 28 December 1952.
5.d. 65 years
Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) will be able to hold their post till the maximum age of 65 years. The Union Ministry of Defense has also changed the service rules of the Navy, Air Force, and the Army. At present, the army chief can hold his post for a maximum period of 62 years or three years (whichever is earlier). The age limit rule should not be an obstacle if an army chief is made CDS, so the Defense Ministry has reformed these rules.
6.a. The Nagaland
Home Ministry has declared the entire Nagaland state a “disturbed area” under this law for six more months. It gives security forces the right to conduct operations anywhere and arrest anyone without prior permission. The Central Government has declared the entire area of Nagaland a disturbed area under Section 3 of the Armed Forces Privilege Act, 1958.
7.a. s. The Soumya
the award is given by the Madras Music Academy. It is considered the highest award in the field of Carnatic music. A gold medal and a birudu letter are given in this award. Carnatic music is mainly associated with Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu in southern India but is also practiced in Sri Lanka.
this initiative, Rajasthan Government is giving priority to the five aspirational districts selected by NITI Aayog. These are tools by which data can be accepted, but they are themselves unable to create data. Through such devices, it helps to deliver various information to remote areas. The use of artificial satellites to provide communication links between different places on Earth is called ‘satellite communication technology’.
9.a. Hemant Soren
became the Chief Minister of the state for the second time, the Executive President of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM). Governor Draupadi Murmu administered him the oath as the 11th Chief Minister of the state. This led Hemant Soren to take oath as Chief Minister in July 2013. He, along with JMM-RJD-Congress, ran the government for 1 year, 5 months and 15 days. Hemant Soren’s father Shibu Soren has also been CM of the state 3 times.
Significantly, MiG-27 has served the Indian Air Force for almost 38 years. It was included in the Indian Air Force fleet in the year 1985. The MiG-27 also played an unprecedented role in the Kargil War of 1999, with the Air Force participating in all major operations.
Free Jobs Alert:-