This Current Affairs Quiz 31 December 2019 related to Manoj Mukund Narwane, India Forest Status Report-2019
gs mastermind is presenting the Daily Current Affairs Quiz for students and readers preparing for competitive exams. Today’s Current Affairs Quiz – Contains a compilation of new Army Chief and run through files, Manoj Mukund Narwane, India Forest Status Report-2019, NASA astronaut Christina Koch, new Army Chief, run through files
1. Who among the following has been appointed as the next Army Chief after the retirement of General Bipin Rawat?
a. Manoj Mukund Narwane
b. Anil Kumar Sood
c. Devendra Chand Pandey
d. SS Chandrasekhar
2. According to the recently released ‘Forest Status Report-2019’ by the central government, which state has the most forest-growing area?
a. Uttar Pradesh
3. Which Australian player who made his Test cricket debut against India has recently announced his retirement from international cricket?
a. Kurtis Peterson
b. Marcus Harris
c. Peter Siddle
d. Andrew Flock
4. How long has the deadline for linking PAN and Aadhaar been extended by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
a. January 2020
b. February 2020
c. March 2020
d. April 2020
5. Who among the following became the first female astronaut to live in space for the longest period of time?
a. Juda de Silva
b. Christina Koch
c. Juliana Peggy
d. Jennifer wryat
6. China, Russia and which country recently organized a joint naval exercise to promote exchange and cooperation between their navies?
7. Recently which state government has introduced the ‘run through files’ system for speedy disposal of government files and speeding up of various departmental functions?
a. Government of Uttar Pradesh
b. Government of Jharkhand
c. Government of Haryana
d. Government of Karnataka
8. Recently, the Taliban Council has agreed to a temporary ceasefire in which country?
9. Recently who took oath as Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
a. Sharad Pawar
b. Aditya Thackeray
c. Sanjay Raut
d. Ajit Pawar
10. According to a report by the UK’s Center for Economics and Business Research, which country could overtake which country to become the fourth-largest economy in the world by 2026?
Answer: By Gs mastermind related to Manoj Mukund Narwane, India Forest Status Report-2019, NASA astronaut Christina Koch, new Army Chief, run through files
1. a. Manoj Mukund Narwane
, the Deputy Chief of the Indian Army, Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Narwane will be the next Chief of the Army. He will replace Bipin Rawat. General Bipin Rawat is retiring on 31 December and has been appointed as the country’s first Chief of Defense Staff (CDS). After Bipin Rawat in the army, the senior-most men joined the Sikh Light Infantry Regiment in June 1980.
2. d. According to the Karnataka
India Forest Status Report-2019, the top three states showing growth in forest cover are Karnataka (1,025 km) and Andhra Pradesh (990 km 99) and Kerala (823 km (). Madhya Pradesh has the largest forest area in the country in terms of area, followed by Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, and Maharashtra. This report is released every two years in which information about the forests and forest cover of India is given.
3. c. Peter Siddle
Peter Siddle made his Test cricket debut in 2008 against India in Mohali. He took the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar in his first match, which was his first Test wicket. Peter Siddle decided to retire during the Melbourne Test against New Zealand. He took 221 wickets in 67 Tests for Australia.
4. c. March 2020
The deadline for linking PAN number and Aadhaar number by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has been extended till March 2020. Earlier this deadline was December 31, 2019. CBDT is actually a nodal agency working for policy-making of Income Tax Department. Significantly, the Income Tax Department works under the Union Ministry of Finance. It is a constitutional body, which has been established under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963.
5. b. Christina Koch
NASA astronaut Christina Koch has become the longest-lived woman in space. Flight engineer Christina made a record of staying at the International Space Station (ISS) for 290 days on 30 December 2019. Earlier this record was recorded in the name of Peggy Mary. Christina’s journey will continue, she will return to Earth in February 2020.
6. a. Iran
The practice has been started in the Gulf of Oman near the southeastern port city of Chabahar. The main objective of this exercise is to promote the safety of the waterways of the region. The Chabahar port has been jointly developed by India, Iran, and Afghanistan. This joint exercise is a part of “general military cooperation” between the three countries.
7. c. The Government of
Haryana has made a provision of ‘run through files’ system through centralized file movement and tracking information system. This system will be monitored by the Chief Minister himself. The main emphasis of this system is that there is no delay or loss due to departmental priorities and contradictions in clearing important files.
8. a. Afghanistan The
US President’s visit to Afghanistan played a positive role in the peace talks, and the Taliban have also agreed to negotiate with a declaration to reduce violence. The rise of the Afghanistan problem occurred after the withdrawal of the Soviet Union army from Afghanistan in northern Pakistan in the 90s. Afghanistan is a site located southwest of the Pamir Plateau, with a Muslim majority population in Southwest Asia.
9. d. Ajit Pawar
Ajit Pawar was sworn in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra for the fourth time on 31 December 2019. His earlier tenure was just 3 days. Pawar was deputy chief minister twice during the 15-year tenure of the Congress-NCP alliance in Maharashtra during 1999-2014. He first became the Deputy Chief Minister of the state in November 2010. Ajit Pawar was born on 22 July 1959 in Deolali. Ajit Pawar made his debut in politics in 1982.
10. a. Germany
India can overtake Germany in the year 2026 and become the world’s fourth-largest economy and in the year 2034, leaving behind Japan can become the world’s third-largest economy. The report said that India can become a five thousand billion dollar economy by 2026. However, the government has set a target of making the country an economy of five thousand billion dollars by 2024.