Current Affairs Weekly One Line 23 To 28 December 2019
GS mastermind is presenting the Current Affairs Weekly One Line 23 To 28 December 2019for students and readers preparing for competitive exams.
In this post, we cover 23 December to 28 December 2019 | Current Affairs Weekly One Line 23 To 28 December 2019
National Farmers Day is celebrated on 23 December
• At the 66th National Film Awards, which has been awarded the Best Hindi Feature Film – Andhadhun
• Book ‘RN Kao: Gentleman Spymaster’ written by- Nitin Gokhale
• The team that has recently won the first ‘Big Bout Indian Boxing League’ – Gujarat Giants
• Allahabad High Court has recently canceled the membership of the Legislative Assembly member for contesting elections on the basis of fake documents – Abdullah Azam Khan
• Recently the state wildlife board has approved the proposal to bring rhinos to Corbett Tiger Reserve – Uttarakhand
• Football’s regulatory body – FIFA has awarded the country the best football team of the year award for the second time in a row – Belgium
• An American citizen of Indian origin who has been appointed as Director of National Science Foundation (NSF) of America – Sethuraman Panchanathan
• The country whose President Miguel Diaz Canal has recently appointed Prime Minister in the country after 43 years – Cuba
• National Mathematics Day is celebrated every year in India – 22 December
National Consumer Day in India is celebrated on 24 December
• The 50th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum will be held in the city of Switzerland in January 2020 – Davos
• Sangeeta Reddy, joint managing director of Apollo Hospital Group, who has taken over as the chairman of the country’s premier industry body FICCI
• The country whose former Prime Minister Charles Mitchell has taken over as the President of the European Council and the European Commission – Belgium
• The state cabinet that has recently approved the Electric Vehicle Policy 2019, taking a major step to tackle air pollution – Delhi Cabinet
• Recently eight West African countries have given common currency the name- ECO
• The female weightlifter who won a bronze medal in the Qatar International Cup and also set two new national records – Rakhi Halder
• Who has won in the recently concluded presidential elections of Afghanistan – Ashraf Ghani
• The research paper published by the institution said that one in every seven Indians suffer from mental illness – Lancet Papers
• who has recently been appointed Foreign Secretary- Harshvardhan Shringla
• Indian Air Force aircraft which retired on 27 December 2019 – MiG-27
• Government scheme under which the government has set the goal of connecting all villages in India by WiFi by March 2020 – BharatNet plan
• The state through which Jyotirao Phule Kisan loan waiver scheme has been announced – Maharashtra
• The state in which the oldest inscription of South India has been found – Andhra Pradesh
• The mobile service provider that has started Wi-Fi calling facility in India – Airtel
• The place where India’s first transgender university is being established – Kushinagar (Uttar Pradesh)
• The country in which Hanukkah festival is also known as ‘festival of lights’ – Israel
• Vernon Philander is the player of this team who recently announced his retirement from international cricket – South Africa
• Khadi Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has distributed 1000 B-Boxes to 100 farmers at the place – Agartala
• Recently described by the United Nations as ‘the world’s most famous teenager in this decade’ – Malala Yusufzai
• Manu Bhaker recently won medals in the Senior and Junior category of Women’s 10m Air Pistol in the National Shooting Championships – Gold Medal
• Recently the Rohtang Tunnel has been renamed by the Central Government- Atal Tunnel
• Recently the retirement age of Road Transport Corporation employees has been increased from 58 years to as much as – 60 by the Telangana government.
• India’s legendary tennis player Leander Paes has announced the year he will retire – 2020.
• The state which has got the first place in the Good Governance Index released by the Central Government – Tamil Nadu
• The Indian cricketer named by Wisden in the list of the five best players of the century – Virat Kohli
• Prime Minister Modi recently unveiled the 25-feet-tall bronze statue of the former Prime Minister on whose 95th birth anniversary at Lok Bhawan in Lucknow – Atal Bihari Vajpayee
• The Indian cricketer who broke the 22-year-old record of Sri Lankan batsman Sanath Jayasuriya for scoring the most runs in a calendar year – Rohit Sharma
• The player of the South African cricket team who has recently announced his retirement from international cricket – Vernon Philander
• ‘Good Governance Day’ is celebrated every year in India – 25 December
Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 23 December to 29 December 2019
1. Which Indian cricketer has been named by Wisden in the list of five best players of the century?
a. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
b. Ravindra Jadeja
c. Rohit Sharma
d. Virat Kohli
2. Prime Minister Modi recently unveiled the 25-feet-tall bronze statue of which former Prime Minister at the Lok Bhawan in Lucknow on his 95th birth anniversary?
a. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
b. Inder Kumar Gujral
c. PV Narasimha Rao
d. Rajiv Gandhi
3. Which Indian cricketer broke the 22-year-old record of Sri Lankan batsman Sanath Jayasuriya for scoring the most runs in a calendar year?
a. Virat Kohli
b. Rohit Sharma
c. Rishabh Pant
d. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
4. Which player of the South African cricket team has recently announced his retirement from international cricket?
a. Hashim Amla
b. Kagiso Rabada
c. Stephen Cook
d. Vernon Philander
5. On which day is ‘Good Governance Day’ celebrated every year in India?
a. 20 December
b. 12 December
c. 25 December
d. 15 December
6. On which day is National Consumer Day celebrated in India?
a. 24 December
b. 20 December
c. 22 December
d. 12 December
7. In which city of Switzerland will the 50th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum be held in January 2020?
8. Which joint managing director of Apollo Hospital Group has taken over as the chairman of FICCI, the country’s premier industry body?
a. Pratap C. Reddy
b. Preeta Reddy
c. Banwarilal Purohit
d. Sangeeta Reddy
9. Former Prime Minister of which country Charles Mitchell has taken over as the President of the European Council and the European Commission?
10. Which state cabinet has recently approved the Electric Vehicle Policy 2019, taking a major step to tackle air pollution?
a. Delhi cabinet
b. Bihar cabinet
c. Jharkhand Cabinet
d. Punjab cabinet
Answer: Current Affairs Weekly by gs mastermind
Visit Daily GS mastermind and get Current Affairs Weekly
1.d. Virat Kohli
has announced the top 5 cricketers of the decade by Wisden magazine which includes only one Indian cricketer Virat Kohli. Apart from the current captain of the Indian cricket team, Virat Kohli and Australian woman player Alice Parry, it includes the names of three veterans, including former Australian captain Steve Smith, former South African captain. Fast bowler Dale Steyn and wicket-keeper batsman AB de Villiers are named.
2.a. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
, Governor Anandiben Patel, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh, and CM Yogi Adityanath were also present during this period. The weight of the statue of AB is 5 tons. It was brought from Rajasthan to Lucknow. In this regard, a meeting was held on November 11 under the chairmanship of CM Yogi Adityanath, in which the proposal to install the idols was agreed upon.
3.b. Rohit Sharma
as the record for the highest run-scorer in a year was in the name of former Sri Lankan opener batsman Sanath Jayasuriya. But now Rohit Sharma has overtaken him. Sanath Jayasuriya scored 2387 runs in the year 1997 as an opener. Rohit Sharma scored 2442 runs as an opener in the year 2019.
4.d. Vernon Philander
Philander has represented South Africa in 30 ODIs and seven T20 matches besides 60 Tests. Vernon Philander has taken 216 wickets in 60 matches in his Test career and 41 wickets in 30 ODIs. Philander made his international debut in 2007.
5.c. 25 December
This day is celebrated as the birthday of former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee was born on 25 December. This day was first celebrated in the year 2014. He is considered one of the most influential leaders of Indian politics.
6. a. 24 December
it provides the opportunity to the day consumer movement and highlights its importance. This day was celebrated for the first time in India in the year 2000. This day is celebrated every year in India. In India, 24 December is celebrated as National Consumer Day, as the Consumer Protection Act-1986 was implemented on 24 December 1986 to protect consumers from exploitation.
7. b. Davos
can participate in this meeting with more than 100 Indian CEOs, politicians, and Bollywood stars. About 3,000 world leaders will participate in it. The World Economic Forum is a non-profit organization based in Switzerland. Its headquarters are in Geneva. It has been recognized by Swiss authorities as an international institution for private-public cooperation.
8. d. Sangeeta Reddy
Sangeeta Reddy has been elected president for 2019-20. Sangeeta Reddy replaces Sandeep Somani, vice-chairman and managing director of SIL, as the chairman of FICCI. FICCI is an association of Indian business organizations. It was founded in the year 1927 on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by Ghanshyam Das Birla and Purushottam Thakkar. Its headquarters is in New Delhi.
9. a. Belgium
This body consists of the President of the European Commission along with the heads of nations or heads of government of all member states. Its meetings are chaired by the member country which at that time presides over the Council of the European Union. The Council meets at least twice a year in the Justus Lipsius Building, which is the Concierge of the European Union.
10. a. Delhi Cabinet
The objective of this policy is to make Delhi the capital of electric vehicles in India. The government will give subsidies to promote e-vehicles. An electric vehicle board will be formed to implement this policy. The Chief Minister said that our goal is to ensure that 25% of the new vehicles registered by 2024 are electric vehicles. The first draft of the e-vehicle policy was made public in November 2018.