2 December to 7 December 2019 | One-Line Current Affairs Weekly
GSmastermind is presenting One-Line Current Affairs Weekly | 2 December to 7 December 2019
We Promise students and readers preparing for competitive exams.
In this post, we cover Top 10 Weekly Current Affairs Events: 2 December to 7 December 2019.
We have been presenting selected and important Top-10 Weekly Current Affairs Events for the whole week.
This mainly includes – Nirav Modi and Citizenship (Amendment) Bill etc.
• The Union Cabinet has recently approved a proposal to extend the period of reservation for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Lok Sabha and State Legislatures for as many years as possible – ten years.
• The state government that launched ‘Madhu App’ for school students – Odisha Government
• This is the name of the former England cricket captain who died recently and he is known for taking 8 wickets for 43 runs against Australia in 1981 – Bob Willis
• This is the name of a Democratic MP of Indian origin who has recently withdrawn from contesting the US presidential election- Kamala Harris
• RBI has reduced the estimate of the economic growth rate of the country for the financial year 2019-20 to as much as 5 percent.
• International Volunteer Day is celebrated on 5 December
• Recently Coast Guard ship built in India by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the Maldives has been gifted – successful
• Recently, a country which has tested a Swedish technique to overcome the problem arising out of burning of Parali (crop residue) – India
• The state on which the 10-day Hornbill Festival is organized every year on the occasion of Foundation Day – Nagaland
• After Vijay Mallya who has recently been declared a fugitive under economic crime- Nirav Modi
• Government of India signed a loan agreement with the Indian government to develop infrastructure for water supply and sewerage in selected cities of Tamil Nadu – Asian Development Bank According to the recently released Global Climate Risk Index 2019, India ranks fifth in the list of countries affected by climate change.
• India’s repo rate has been kept during the fifth bi-monthly policy review of RBI – unchanged ( 5.15 percent)
• ISRO has started the process of land acquisition for its second space center at Thoothukudi near Kulasekarpattinam – Tamil Nadu
• The company which became the world’s largest IPO after beating Alibaba – Aramco
• Bollywood actress who was honored with UNICEF’s ‘Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award’ – Priyanka Chopra
• India and the country between which ‘Indra practice’ will be organized recently – Russia
• The Central Government has sanctioned as many crores from the ‘Nirbhaya Fund’ for
the establishment and strengthening of Women’s Support Desk in Police Stations – Rs 100 crores
• The state in which Avanti Mega Food Park was inaugurated by Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal – Madhya Pradesh
• This is the name of Google’s parent company, whose CEO Sundar Pichai has recently been made – Alphabet
• This is the name of the ruler of Sweden who recently visited on a five-day visit to India – Carl XVI Gustaf
• Recently elected unopposed president of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) – Lalu Prasad Yadav
• The United States has recently given $ 100 million in military aid – Lebanon
• The state whose chief minister has announced free wifi across the city from December 16 – Delhi
• The most recent agreements signed between India and Sweden – Three Indian Navy Day is celebrated on 04 December
• Recently the railway station which has been certified the first ‘brick station in the country’ by FSSAI – Mumbai Central
• Recently Russia and the country which inaugurated the cross border gas pipeline named Power of Siberia – China
• The central government has reduced the limit of onion storage in bulk from 25 tonnes to as much as 5 tonnes.
• Recently the country which has become the first country in the world to install ‘Mobile Tracking Camera’ – Australia
• Karnataka cricket team has won the Syed Mushtaq T20 tournament trophy as many
times in a row by defeating the Tamil Nadu team by one run – for the second time
• A football player who has recently won the ‘Ballon d’Or’ award – Lionel Messi
• Author of the book “Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From” which has recently won the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize – Tony Joseph
• Sichuan airline of China has recently launched the country for which cargo carrier – India
• Rating agency Crisil has reduced India’s growth forecast for 2019-20 from 6.3 percent to as much as 5.1 percent.
• The country that has recently announced a ban on the US military and NGOs – China
• World Disability Day is celebrated on 03 December
• Based on the information of the Indian origin engineer, recently NASA has detected Vikram Lander on the lunar surface – Shanmug Subramanian
• The fast bowler from Karnataka who became the first Indian to take 5 wickets in 1 overs in a T20 match- Abhimanyu Mithun
• The central government has extended the date of compulsorily implementing FASTAG for toll payment on national highways till December 15.
• India and the country between which joint military exercise ‘Surya-Kiran-XIV’ will be organized recently- Nepal
• Recently the State Election Commission of India gave the status of a state-level party to the Jannayak Janata Party (JJP) – Haryana
• Central Government has approved the development of the Loktak Inland Waterway Project in the state- Manipur
• who has recently taken over as the 24th Accountant General – Soma Roy
• The day International Slavery Abolition Day is celebrated – 02 December
• World AIDS Day is celebrated on 01 December
• The program launched by the government to save children from routine immunization from life-threatening diseases – Mission Indradhanush 2.0
• The Malayalam poet who has won the 55th Jnanpith Award for outstanding contribution to the literary world – Akkitam Achuthan Namboodari